Flight Simulation projects by Dino Cattaneo. Current home to the T-45C Goshawk, F-14D Tomcat, S-3B Viking and F-35 Lightning II projects for Flight Simulator X:Acceleration and Prepar3D v3.0. Also: opinions, reviews and findings about recreational flight simulation and flight games.
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
SIAI Marchetti S-211 for Aerofly FS 2 - update to version 1.04
The latest update to Aerofly FS2 has introduced some changes that broke the compatibility with the S-211. The aircraft was still selectable from the menu, but could not be loaded (the sim reverted to the default C172 upon loading).
Apparently the compatibility issue is confined to the generator code, which has been replaced.
Here is an update to fix the issue.
- Changed generator code for compatibility with latest version of Aerofly FS2
Updated version (full install) can be downloaded from the side bar or by clicking HERE.
Posted by ScimmiaSpaziale at 1:57 PM No comments:
Labels: AeroflyFS 2, Download, Fixes/updates, S-211, trainer
Sunday, March 3, 2019
F-35 Lightning II - Version 3.61 PBR Update (Prepar3D v4.4)
***EDIT - FILES UPDATE TO VERSION 3.61 TO ADDRESS A BUG PREVENTING THE REFUEL PROBE TO DEPLOY IN THE F-35B EXTERNAL MODEL***
Here is the PBR update for the F-35 package. In order to implement this, I had to rebuild the source models as they had been lost to a ransomware attack years ago... this was quite a big work, and a lot of things had to be redone. Still I think the plane looks much better now and it was worth it - however, please beware that some minor bugs or glitches may be present.
Model files were compiled with P3Dv4.4 tools, so they cannot be used with FSX or prior versions of P3D - however, I have also included non-PBR model variants for those who may prefer them (they should provide slightly better frame rates and lower memory consumption).
Aside, compiling the model for P3Dv4 made it so that some graphic glitches were fixed.
Initially I thought this could be the baseline for version 4.00, big given that the aircraft functionalities are pretty much the same as previous iterations, I thought it was unfair to make it a new, full price version - or even a paid update.
However, supporting different variants and options is quickly becoming impossible to manage - so from now on this project will only be updated for Prepar3D v4.4 (sorry for that).
Here is the list of changes in version 3.60 and 3.61
Version 3.61 - 20/03/2019
- Fixed bug preventing refuel probe to deploy on F-35B external model
- Fixed typo in aircraft.cfg suggesting that gun should be mounted on STA5 instead of STA6
SEE VERSION 3.60 NOTES FOR INSTALLATION
Version 3.60 - 02/03/2019
- Rebuilt all external and internal models to support PBR textures
- All models recompiled using P3Dv4.4 tools
- Updated landing gear model
- Fixed minor UVW coordinates error on F-35C external model
- Fixed minor graphic glitches in F-35B and F-35C external models
- Major rewrite of MFD code with reduced memory footprint and (marginal) performance improvement
- New .air files to provide better, more linear throttle vs. thrust curve
- Fixed several glitches in the FCS code
- FCS Animation code rewritten
- Fixed bug that caused the first radar track not to show in some screens
* - This update by default is configured to use PBR models and work with P3Dv4.4.
You can use this update also with P3Dv4.0 to P3Dv4.3 by deleting the model.cfg files in the model folder of each aircraft and rename the "model.cfg.BackupNonPBR" to "model.cfg".
Download the update by clicking HERE or from the link on the side bar...
Posted by ScimmiaSpaziale at 12:26 AM 4 comments:
Labels: Development, Download, Fixes/updates, JSF, PBR, Prepar3D, Tacpack
Friday, March 1, 2019
Yet another Eurofighter update (version 1.24)
It turns out that even 1.23 was not free of major bugs… so here we are again with yet another update for the Eurofigher. I am sorry for the confusion but, since I have always tried to comply with all the requests I have received, the Eurofighter project is now quite difficult to manage due to its size and model variety (single and twin seater, PBR and non PBR, and then there are the "ubuntu" versions).
For this reason, this is likely to be the last update to support FSX or any P3D version prior to 4.4.
I am sorry for this, but the mainteinance effort is starting to be quite a burden.
Basically the big thing in 1.23 was a bug in the external model that caused Brimstone launchers or missile rails appear under wrong conditions. It did not affect users not employing Brimstones or Meteor missiles...but nevertheless it was annoying.
I took the change to add the possibility to pick negative VVs in the NAV menu as requested by one user.
This is the list of changes for this version:
CHANGES WITH RESPECT TO PREVIOUS VERSION
- Improved autotrim FCS code to reduce possibility of event flooding when the sim is paused
- Recompliled both PBR and non-PBR models to get rid of a visibility conflict issue between
Brimstome and MRAAM launchers
- Changed UVW texture layout in some areas of the PBR models
- Added possibility to set negative VV speeds in the NAV menu
- Fixed minor graphics glitch when entering VV NAV mode
The update files for 32 bit version can be dowloaded from the side bar or by clicking HERE
The update files for 64 bit version (with PBR support - P3Dv4.4 only) can be dowloaded from the side bar or by clicking HERE
Users of P3Dv4 up to version 4.3 can download the 64bit PBR version but will have to change the model.cfg manually to deactivate PBR (or can dowload the 32 bit and change the panel.cfg to select the 64 bit .dll's).
Posted by ScimmiaSpaziale at 7:26 PM 1 comment:
Labels: Development, Download, Eurofighter, Fixes/updates, FSX, PBR, Prepar3D, Prepar3D V4
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)