I have changed my plans and released the freeware F-35 before the F-14D... The reason is that the F-14D Beta need more work than I though to make it a more meaningful release, and, well, I am not in the right mood to go through the tedious process of writing the missing code right now.
On the other hand, I've made several minor updates to the F-35, and I prefer to release it now. So here we go.
- Minor changes to .air files, less drag at transonic and supersonic speeds (to bring behavior closer to lates official claims)
- Slightly reduced A/B thrust for B version (as in the real thing, B version has a different nozzle design)
- Removed MFD and wide cockpit screens, unused by most users
- Solved autothrottle bug (unable to engage A/T due to missing A/T arm flag in aircraft.cfg)
- Fixed event firing bug in HMD code
- Added specific inner bay doors animation to F-35B (inner doors open while hovering to improve lift, as in the real thing)
- Fixed pilot animations in F-35B model
- Added miscellaneous external views
- Fixed pan rate for external views
- Added custom sound package, courtesy of Serge Luzin
- Changed hovering mode weight limit to 40600lbs (was 42000) according to the latest official data
- Removed .exe installer, now manual installation is required