Here are two small updated to my payware frontline fighters… VERY MINOR tweaks, so, unless you are extremely bothered by one of the issues listed below or have not updated your aircrafts at all, downloading these patches is not really necessary IMHO.
The main reason to update the Eurofighter Typhoon was that, in the lastest FSX build, I used the wrong compiler...this caused some controls in the VC not to work as intended. I took the chance to add some 3D details and fix a couple of minor things.
To install the update, you must have the payware Eurofighter Typhoon version 1.1X or later. The update will work either if you just used the latest full installer (version 1.10 - you can get it from your distributor of choice) or if you had already updated the aircraft to any later version.
This is the list of changes:
Version 1.30 - 07/08/2019
- Fixed a minor issue in ejection seat textures
- Replaced detail textures with 3D objects in VC (screws, rivets)
- Fixed minor 3D object misplacements in VC
- Fixed mouse area bug preventing some knobs from working correctly in FSX
- Fixed bug preventing keyboard release mode selection from working
- Restored mouse clicks and animations for some (non functional) switches
The update must be installed manually (see the README file) and is provided in both 32bit (for FSX:A, FSX:Gold, FSX:SE and any version of P3D prior to v4) and in 64 bit (for P3Dv4.4 and v4.5) formats. Note that P3Dv4.0 to P3Dv4.3 are NOT supported by the 64 bit version (as it uses PBR).
The patch is available from the side bar.
F-35 Lightning IIIf the Eurofighter patch is a very minor one, the one for the F-35 is negligible: basically I spotted some duplicate airframe geometry in the F-35B PBR cockpit model. This causes some minor visual glitches when looking over your shoulders in VC (apart from an unnecessary waste of video resources).
To install the update, you must have the payware F-35 Lightning II version 3.5X or later. The update will work either if you just used the latest full installer (version 3.50 - you can get it from your distributor of choice) or if you had already updated the aircraft to any later version.
This is the (very long) list of changes:
Version 3.62 - 07/08/2019
- Removed duplicate geometry from F-35B cockpit causing unnecessary video memory consumption and visual glitches.