Sunday, January 27, 2019
I had no plans for any short-term update to the Eurofighter Typhoon…. but it turned out that 1.20 had a bug so that you could not select Storm Shadows anymore and I cannot stand and update that brings reduced functionality, so I took the chance and made further improvements to the new cockpit geometry, added IR mode to the PIRATE, added the "ubuntu" model for the twn seater and improved the animations in both the "ubuntu" models. Here is the list of changes:
CHANGES WITH RESPECT TO PREVIOUS VERSION
- Fixed bug in SSK code preventing selection of StormShadow missile
- Fixed several minor geometry issues with the new VC model
- Added "UBUNTU"* model option also for the twin seater
- Improved animation of "UBUNTU"* models
- Added possibility to switch between IR/CCD and WHOT/BLOT modes also to the PIRATE
- Harmonized notation of TFLIR/IR Imagery as follows: IR denotes P3D "pseudo-IR" rendering, CCD denotes normal rendering
* - The default visual model of the Eurofigher uses several custom animations which are not compatible with multiplayer: specifically the control surface will show in "rest" position to any player not using an Eurofighter. In order to avoid this, users may prefer to activate the "ubuntu" model option. To do this, go into the MODEL folder (of the Eurofighter_2000 and Eurofighter_2000T folders in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder), open the model.cfg with Notepad and then comment out the "normal" model line and uncomment the line indicated in the file itself. This will replace the external model with one with less-accurate-but-multiplayer-compatible animations.
The activation of such models must be done independently for the single and twin seater models.
The update can be dowloaded by clicking HERE or from the side bar.
Wednesday, January 2, 2019
Here is a quite extensive patch for the Eurofighter Typhoon - this introduces a number of much requested changes including possibility to shoot Mavericks (as placeholder from the Brimstones), having 2D MFD panels and fine-control of the TOO target designation via FLIR.
Also, the files have been restructured so that now the 2-seaters have their own folder and have a different empty weight and fuel capacity.
Note that the patch will work with ANY version starting from 1.10.
*** IMPORTANT - THE PATCH IS CONFIGURED BY DEFAULT FOR P3D V4! IF YOU ARE USING FSX, P3Dv1, v2 or v3 YOU SHOULD DELETE THE panel.cfg PROVIDED AND RENAME THE panel_32bit.CFG TO panel.cfg ***
CHANGES WITH RESPECT TO VERSION 1.20
- Remodeled the canopy frame to match perfectly with the outer model: this was not necessary (and does not even mean that it is more accurate) for P3D (or DCS - both sims allow VC models separate from the aircraft model), but it was required for X-Plane and AFS2.
- Changed HUD glass texture to have a dark puple tint
- Changed SSK code so that it is now possible to deselect a mode without selecting another one
- Changed HMDSS code to show all A/A tracks intead of the L&S track only
- Changed HMDSS code to show proper A/S reticle when in A/S mode
- Added keyboard shortcuts for fine control of the TFLIR A/S target
SHIFT+Arrow keys allow fine control of the TFLIR A/S target location.
A valid A/S TOO must be designated first.
- Added keyboard controls for radar range and modes as follows:
If in NAV PoF -> UP/DOWN control PA range, LEFT/RIGHT select previous/next WP
If in A/A PoF -> UP/DOWN control A/A radar range, LEFT/RIGHT -> undesignate/designate command
If in A/S PoF -> UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT fine control of A/S target
- Implemented Mavericks as "placehoder" for Brimstones (this was actually quite a lot of work as Tacpack does not support multiple ordnance on the same pylon...but since it was a much requested feature I decided to go for it) - NOTE The AGM-65E is laser guided: you will need a laser spot to fire the missile correctly. Also, there are issues if you mix StormShadows and Brimstones in the same loadout (I do not think it is a problem)
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes
- Added an optional "ubuntu" model for the single seater which relies solely on standard animations (this is meant for use in multiplayer sessions with mixed aicrafts and prevents people flying with other aicrafts from seeing incorrect animations in the Eurofighter model) -> to activate this you have to manually edit the MODEL.CFG file in the Eurofighter_2000\model folder as follows: change the normal=EF2000 to normal=EF200ubuntu. Note that this must be
done ONLY by players which are NOT flying the Eurofighter as this disables the custom FCS animations.
- Added undockable 2D MFD displays
- Added separate folder and configuration file for twin seaters (to enable correct weight and fuel quantity)
- Replaced Stall Warning sound with one more appropriate for a fighter jet
NOTE: BY DEFAULT THE UPDATE IS CONFIGURED FOR A 64 BIT SIMULATOR (Prepar3d V4.0 and following).
IF YOU WISH TO USE THE UPDATE ON A 32 BIT SIMULATOR (FSX, P3Dv1-2-3) YOU MUST NAVIGATE TO
THE PANEL FOLDER IN THE Eurofighter_2000 FOLDER, DELETE THE PANEL.CFG AND RENAME THE PANEL_32bit.CFG
As usual, you can download the update from the side bar or by clicking HERE.
*** NOTE - JUST AFTER THE RELEASE I HAVE NOTICED A COUPLE OF ANNOYING BUGS...SO I MADE A FURTHER UPDATE TO VERSION 1.02. FILES HAVE BEEN UPDATED BUT YOU MAY NEED TO DOWNLOAD THEM AGAIN - SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE ***
In spite of its shortcomings (weather, water textures, missing traffic and ATC are on the top of my list) AeroFly FS 2 is still my go-to simulator for VR sightseeing flights - I have also purchased all of the Orbx airports for it and I am very happy - they look great with an incredible frame rate.
So, here is a small update to the freeware S-211 for AFS2 - which basically adds the liveries I have recently added to the payware FSX/P3D version:
- Fixed bug so that the Initial Prototype Livery was missing and the Haitian Air Corps was duplicated
- Deleted Copilot view (which was not meant to be there)
- Rewritten electrical system code
- Corrected thrust value for JT15D-5C
- Corrected fuel quantity weight
- Fixed bug preventing the user from switching off the navigation lights
- Fixed bug preventing the user from switching off the landing lights
- Reworked navigation lights effects
- Fixed missing geometry for fuel shut-off valve (control not operational yet)
- Added Haitian Air Corps Livery
- Added NX521S2 Livery
As usual it can be downloaded from the sidebar or by clicking HERE.