Monday, September 17, 2012

Albenga Air Show (and a word about Mediafire)

A very poor picture from my cell phone of the "Big Wing" flyover, the last maneuver in the Frecce Tricolori show
Yesterday I attended the "traditional" Albenga Air Show, in which I had the chance to see once again the Frecce Tricolori and their amazing show. I've seen it several times and it never fails to amaze.
If you are an aviation enthusiast, you must see it.
As a whole, the Albenga Air Show 2012 itself was slightly smaller than the previous edition, but there were some spectacular performance from various acrobatic planes, including a Katana T30, a Mudry CAP 10 and Zlin 50. But to me, the most impressive demo was the one of the Piaggio 180 (whose factory is at walking distance from my office), which included barrell rolls (!) and showed an amazing agility for an aircraft of that type. Cool show, and well worth the trip.

In other news, I had several problems with Mediafire - and I will abandon it. First, the virus spreading in through it - which caused many inconveniencies to some users. Second, I had received (obviously fake) copyright infringment claims - which blocked my files.

Now, I am uploading the new T-45C (version 2.25) on Google Drive to see if it is a viable option (apart from Flightsim and Avsim of course).

Ah, yes - whenever I see the Frecce Tricolori I always come back home willing to do a Aermacchi MB339...but then, well, back to reality, for the moment I really do not have the time.

1 comment:

Orion said...

Dropbox is a nice alternative, as it allows you to link directly to files. However, you only get 2 GB of free space to start out with. There are an assortment of methods to get lots of free space, though (e.g. promotions, referrals, social media, etc.)

SkyDrive is another alternative, which allows for a free 7 GB (or 25 GB if you previously had a Microsoft account/Windows Live ID), but doesn't allow for direct linking.

FSDeveloper also has a thread with a few more options on file sharing here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232721.