Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Virtual cockpit progress


Just a quick picture of the new virtual cockpit - to show you what I've done so far... Basically, whaetever you don't see in this picture (except the NACES) is modeled but not textured. I am keeping the polycount relatively low, so that there are enough resources for the RIO cockpit (which I have just sketched at the moment).
HUD is provisional - Jivko Rusev has promised a custom one (thank you JR!) but I have not sent him yet a VC to work on... I will do that soon!
By the way, I wish to thank once again Ken Simmons of the Castle Air Museum which has provided a lot of fantastic pictures of the real cockpits - I am getting a much better texture quality thanks to those pictures.
With current pace, the pilot VC will probably be ready in no less than 3 weeks... and then, the RIO VC may take another 1-2 months...
 
PS - Disergard the accuracy of the carrier approach... this was just a to take a picture with the carrier in sight.


10 comments:

Orion said...

Looking good! Can't wait for a release (beta or otherwise). :)

Unknown said...

Great Work! Looking forward to flying!

Wilco said...

impressive

Growler Joe said...

Couple questions:

#1. Any chance a Captain Sim-compatible HUD can be inserted please?

#2. Any chance the 3rd party repaints can fit over the new Tomcat edition or are repainters going to have to start over (which is okay)?

Thanks...

Jiri said...

@Josef: I'm not Dino, but I'd like to comment on #2. Dino made completely new textures so no, they're not going to fit. But as far as I know, there are only fictional paints available on known sites, so even if they were compatible, there is still need to paint a new ones. New textures are awesome, so I (or other painters) will be able to paint schemes with better quality and accuracy than before. J.

Unknown said...

Great job as always!

Any chance you could share those reference pics?

Also still waiting for an answer! ;)

Take care,

Pepe

Growler Joe said...

Jiri;
Thanks because I love the F-14D repaints.

Unknown said...

Yes, Jiri is right - the new model has completely new (and I believe much better) textures and texturing coordinates - older repaints will not be useable.

As for the Captain Sim compatible HUD, it is not planned at the moment. BTW I had no time to check VRS TacPack but it seems to me a better and more realistic package... I'd like to support that if I'll have the time.

Growler Joe said...

Thanks Dino. I have VRS TacPack as well, I just want to see some tactical capabilities in a FSX Tomcat.

Unknown said...

Outstanding work here, love your F-14 project (although I can't see over the hud projector when landing on aircraft carrier).