Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Virtual cockpit progress


Just a quick picture of the new virtual cockpit - to show you what I've done so far... Basically, whaetever you don't see in this picture (except the NACES) is modeled but not textured. I am keeping the polycount relatively low, so that there are enough resources for the RIO cockpit (which I have just sketched at the moment).
HUD is provisional - Jivko Rusev has promised a custom one (thank you JR!) but I have not sent him yet a VC to work on... I will do that soon!
By the way, I wish to thank once again Ken Simmons of the Castle Air Museum which has provided a lot of fantastic pictures of the real cockpits - I am getting a much better texture quality thanks to those pictures.
With current pace, the pilot VC will probably be ready in no less than 3 weeks... and then, the RIO VC may take another 1-2 months...
 
PS - Disergard the accuracy of the carrier approach... this was just a to take a picture with the carrier in sight.


10 comments:

Orion said...

Looking good! Can't wait for a release (beta or otherwise). :)

cedric theentertainer said...

Great Work! Looking forward to flying!

Wilco said...

impressive

Josef said...

Couple questions:

#1. Any chance a Captain Sim-compatible HUD can be inserted please?

#2. Any chance the 3rd party repaints can fit over the new Tomcat edition or are repainters going to have to start over (which is okay)?

Thanks...

Jiri said...

@Josef: I'm not Dino, but I'd like to comment on #2. Dino made completely new textures so no, they're not going to fit. But as far as I know, there are only fictional paints available on known sites, so even if they were compatible, there is still need to paint a new ones. New textures are awesome, so I (or other painters) will be able to paint schemes with better quality and accuracy than before. J.

Jose Luis Martin-Oar said...

Great job as always!

Any chance you could share those reference pics?

Also still waiting for an answer! ;)

Take care,

Pepe

Josef said...

Jiri;
Thanks because I love the F-14D repaints.

Dino Cattaneo said...

Yes, Jiri is right - the new model has completely new (and I believe much better) textures and texturing coordinates - older repaints will not be useable.

As for the Captain Sim compatible HUD, it is not planned at the moment. BTW I had no time to check VRS TacPack but it seems to me a better and more realistic package... I'd like to support that if I'll have the time.

Josef said...

Thanks Dino. I have VRS TacPack as well, I just want to see some tactical capabilities in a FSX Tomcat.

Douglas Leshures said...

Outstanding work here, love your F-14 project (although I can't see over the hud projector when landing on aircraft carrier).