Sunday, January 5, 2014
F-14D Tomcat version 2.20 release
Apparently, the Beta version did not have major problems - so I just tweaked a couple of things (further tweaks to roll rate - now there should be a significant difference in roll rate depending on Mach number, and some tweaks to the main Rio display, including the addition of a declutter button). The complete list of changes is as follows:
January 4th, 2013
- Completely new MFD system, much closer to NATOPS interface and graphics: realism and functions of the individual pages may vary (some pages are fully compliant to NATOPS, others are gimmick or guess work)
- Integrated Autopilot functions into the HSD page for gameplay purposes.
- SMS page now reflects Tacpack weapons, while ECM page provides Tacpack RWR functionalities
- Slight improvement pilot downward visibility
- Redone glass effects for P3Dv2 compatibility
- Replaced HSI gauge with modeled one: thin needle should now point to VOR location, thick needle should point to NDB station or VRS Tacan.
- Redone afterburner special effects (now modeled) for P3Dv2 compatibility
- Redone transonic special effects (now modeled) for P3Dv2 compatibility
- Replaced pilot figures with professional-level models
- Fixed bug preventing the Fuel indicator to display the correct fuel quantity (both Rio and Pilot cockpits) - note numbers and "column" position may differ a little: the numbers display the actual value
- Fixed minor bug in ADI indications.
- Increased drag at transonic speeds
- Lowered tolerance on airframe stress - it is now much easier to overstress the aircraft
- Minor tweaks to flight dynamics
- Miscellaneous improvements in cockpit graphics
- Added Declutter function to NAV screen on Rio PTID
NOTE: FLIGHT MANUAL DOES NOT REFLECT THE CHANGES ABOVE
You can download the new version by clicking HERE.