Tuesday, November 20, 2018
E-2/C-2 Beta 2 (Release Candidate) Post
This post is meant as repository for infomation and bug reports on the Beta 2 build. The purpose of Beta 2 is to check that the bug fixes and the new features applied to Beta 1 have not caused any unintended side effects and the installer works correctly.
Please note that not all of the bugs in the Beta 1 have been addressed or solved - but any bug left should be a minor glitch that may be addressed by a patch at later stage.
The list of bugs and changes addressed can be found on the old beta 1 post - HERE
The current (and almost complete) product manual can be downloaded by clicking HERE
Basically I'd like Beta testers to check that there are no catastrophic issues with the product or the installer.
- The plane now embraces a cold and dark approach. Spawning the A/C on the ground will turn it off (meaning the engines will be switched off, the systems will be switched off and the parking brake will be set). Control+Shift+R sets the Aircraft in a "ready to start the engines" state. Control+Shift+O shuts the aircraft down.
- The plane now "enforces" the use of the MAX RUDDER switch as in the real deal. You will get a MASTER CAUTION alert if it is not ON (2°-6°) above 150 kts and OFF (20°) below 130 kts
- The flight model has been COMPLETELY reworked according to suggestions coming from real-world pilots. It should be more challenging to fly.
LAST MINUTE CHANGES:
- The MAX RUDDER indication on the copilot side reworked to show actual rudder limiter status
- AOA indicator has now a white mark in the optimal area
- Added SHIFT+R key shortcut to toggle the MAX RUDDER switch.
- Caution and Warning lights conditions have been slightly reworked.