Thursday, March 26, 2015
Prepar3D v2 special features....
- To fully exploit this system, you probably need to be a full-time programmer...and I am not. So I'll stick to some basic functionality.
- You cannot actually drive the view orientation of render-to-texture cameras straight from your XML code (bummer...you could have had EOTS to track aerial targets around your plane...)
- There is an impact on the frame rate (albeit not as great as I feared)
- There are rendering issues in the 2D panel (you see in the pictures that some graphic overlays are missing)... 3D works fine.
- Apparently there are some bugs (ground radar sometimes failes to initialize)
- Memory consumption is higher...and P3Dv2 may be more prone to CTD.
I am considering Pros and Cons of this technology...but in the end it is a definite improvement over FSX.