Tuesday, August 12, 2014
S-3B Viking, bug report, suggestions, etc.
I am quite happy to see that, apparently, there are not catastrophic issues with the 0.99 release of the Viking. This is indeed good news - but still there are a couple of things that I'd like to fix.
Here is a list of known bugs / suggestions / requests / FAQs with my comments ("Fixed" means that it is fixed in my own build):
1) [BUG] Wrong entry in the aicraft.cfg makes it impossible to see the NASA livery - Fixed
2) [BUG] Incorrect cruise speed, especially at high altitudes (aicraft is slightly too slow) - I will check the NATOPs and will work on this to find a proper fix.
3) [Request] Torpedoes not working: torpedoes are not currently supported by Tacpack and therefore are not implemented.
4) [Request] Missing SENSO and TACCO stations: unfortunately I have no time and resources to do them, besides they would have little or no function in FSX
5) [Request] Where is the S-3 AI Tanker? It is almost ready. It will be initially released as a separate file, but may be integrated in the base package in the initial release.
6) [BUG] External Light switches are not working - I will fix that.
7) [BUG] Launch bar still having issues on some system - I will investigate that, but cannot guarantee a solution as it is perfectly working on my system...
8) [BUG] Allowed airspeed error on carrier approach is too small - I will investigate that, but I am reclutant to make big changes to the flight model in that department, as the carrier behaviour seems quite good...
9) [BUG] Autothrottle apparently not working as intended on my system (but I have checked the code several times and it seems OK)...
10) [BUG] Reflection of bomb bay doors is slightly different from the rest of the fuselage.
....if you have other things to report, you are welcome to do it here. I will keep the list updated, at least for a while, to track what your feedback.
Also, as usual, I am looking to improve all my aicrafts and any suggestion on the F-35, F-14 and T-45 is welcome.