The latest modifications I have made to the T-45C dynamics have been a bit controversial - and I have to admit that some of them were a bit rushed and not properly tested. In the past few weeks, while I was fine-tuning the F-14, I've made a number of changes to T-45 which will hopefully make it a better trainer.
So here is a link to the TEST version 2.40 - I will not upload it to Avsim or Flightsim until more testing has been performed - which you are welcome to do if you have some time. IMHO even if dynamics are less responsive now, they are more suitable to the training purposes of the T-45C.
- Completely redone flight dynamics. All input values to match NATOPS as close as possible with some corrections when needed.
- Changed all MOIs using Roskam methods and changed many Mach tables, resulting dynamics are less responsive at low speeds, but also much less prone to uncontrollable departures.
- Roll rate dependency on Mach no should be more accurate, also rudder authority vs. Mach and roll moment due to rudder deflection should be more accurate (rudder effectiveness decreases significantly above Mach 0.80 and A/C will roll in the opposite direction above Mach 0.85)
- Added speedbrake blowback feature (as in the real thing, extending the speedbrake above 340kts may result in partial extension only).
- Fixed AoA needle bug, failing to report actual AoA
- Fixed Reference HTML documents
- Fixed main landing gear "wobble"
- Fixed several typos in the VNATOPs manual
Download link by clicking HERE.
As for the Tomcat, it is almost cleared for takeoff. The only outstanding item is to clean some bugs minor in the cockpit and write the Caution/Advisory lights code (most of which is missing).
Here is a preview of the F-14D VNATOPs manal - download by clicking HERE
Last, the very first days of IndiaFoxtEcho on facebook were quite positive and I think it is a very quick method of keeping in touch. I'll probably use it more - using the blog for main updates/news only.