The momentum of the real F-35 program keeps on growing and the plane is achieving a number of milestones around the world. So I decided to release yet another update to my virtual rendition which fixes a couple of bugs and introduces two meaningful repaints, specifically the livery of the No.617 Squadron RAF "the Dambusters" that made history being the first british squadron operating from the deck of the Queen Elizabeth, and VMFA-314 "Black Knights" that is the first USMC squadron flying with the "C" model of the Lightning II.
This is likely to be the last update for the F-35 for Prepar3D v4. I have some ideas to improve the models and I am looking forward to port it to the new Microsoft Flight Simulator… although it is more than likely that many functions, like STOVL flight and XML based MFD/HUDs, will not work in the new Platform (which is also unlikely to support any kind of weapon).
While I am trying to port some of my projects to X-Plane, at the moment I do not plan to convert the F-35 as I do not have the skill to bring it to the same level of functionality of the one done by AoA Simulations.
Anyway here is the change log of this update:
IMPORTANT! THIS UPDATE WILL WORK ONLY WITH P3Dv4.4 and is preconfigured to work with PBR models (so P3Dv4.4 / v4.5)
Version 3.65.1 - 18/11/2019
- Fixed glitch in TACAN direction flag in HUD, causing incorrect indication of the ship direction in some cases
- Fixed version number during MFD startup
Version 3.65 - 17/11/2019
- Added CEX navaids compatibility
- Added VMFA-314 "Black Knights" F-35C livery
- Added no.617 Squadron RAF "Dambusters" F-35B livery
- Fixed glitch in F-35C landing gear door animation on PBR models
- Fixed bug in TACAN to MHz conversion
- Fixed bug that allowed to continue flying in STOVL mode if out of fuel.
When the engine stops running and the plane is not on the ground, STOVL mode will be deactivated.
SEE VERSION 3.60 FOR INSTALLATION
As usual, the upgrade can be downloaded from the side bar as usual or by clicking HERE.