Tuesday, February 12, 2013
F-14D upated MDL and retro scheme
Debugging is a very tedious process... so I took a break and made the repaint above, that is the high-visibility, retro livery of the "Tomcat Sunset" cerimony.
While making this repaint I noticed that there were some mistakes in the texturing placement which I had to fix in order to complete the livery...and so I did. I also fixed some other minor mistakes highlighted by the Beta 1 testing and some minor modeling errors...
Here is a link to the latest model (and the retro livery) - everybody is welcome to download it, although requires the Beta 1 version to work.
DOWNLOAD LINK: UPDATED MDL AND RETRO LIVERY from Google Drive
Repainters: you may want to check that your repaints are working fine with this new model, list of changes are as follows:
- antenna flare on nose landing gear door resized and moved slightly backwards
- fixed texturing misplacement in engine nacelle area (nearby landing gear, should have no impact at all)
- fixed UVW misplacement on the canopy (crew names area, right side)
- changed UVW texturing on main landing gear wheels door to allow two-color painting (picked from blank area in the texture...you may want to check this - should have no impact if you stick to the default texturing in that area as you probably did)
- fixed visual interference between flaps and inflatable area when fully swept
- added high-g vapor (used F-35 effects)
well...I believe that is it.
This is not yet the final model, but the only thing I have to fix is the landing light and the animation interference of the main landing gear...