Saturday, August 14, 2010
F-35A - patch to version 1.1 almost ready
In the past few days I've been working on a patch for the F-35A. It is almost ready and will be deployed to SimMarket as soon as possible. As many files are affected, I am unsure if it is better to release a patch or a full installation. In any case, customers should be able to download the new files by accessing their customer account.
- New wing vapor effects (embedded in the mdl, will not affect third party a/b effects or the light system). The effect shows when pulling more than 4.5 Gs. Wing vapor effects were not meant to be included in the initial release. I've been experimenting with them for a while on older build, using Team KBT effects. The placeholder effect was included in the main release for a mistake - and in fact it was a copy of the Team KBT's effect - my most humble apologies to the authors.
- New "whiskers" effects (embedded in the mdl, as the vapor) nearby the air intake (as seen on some real F-35 pictures. This effect shows when the AoA is in excess of 25 degrees.
- New weapon configuration with two external fuel tanks and two Jdams (the "unusual" shape of the tanks should be the actual one - according to the information I have)
- Fixed main wheel texture mismatch
- Minor graphics glitch in the FUEL page
- Minor optimization to the MFD rendering resolution (should help lower-end systems)
- Minor optimization in the visual model visibility conditions (should provide minimal frame rate increase)
- Alternate .cfg with wrong contact points but no micro-oscillations of the cockpit
- Fixes miscellaneous typos in the aircraft.cfg