Flight Simulation projects by Dino Cattaneo. Current home to the T-45C Goshawk, F-14D Tomcat, S-3B Viking and F-35 Lightning II projects for Flight Simulator X:Acceleration and Prepar3D v3.0. Also: opinions, reviews and findings about recreational flight simulation and flight games.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
T-45C Goshawk v1.15 released
T-45C version 1.15 released
A couple of days ago I saw an amazing video of people making formation flights and carrier qualifications in FSX with my Goshawk model. I was impressed but I noticed that the animation that makes the gear doors "relax" when the engine is off was not working properly in multiplayer.
I decided to make a small update to the Goshawk, which brings several minor improvements/fixes. File name is T45CFSXC.zip, and has been uploaded to both Avsim and Flightsim. Here is the list of changes from the previous release (as you can see these are only minor fixes):
- all textures have now .dds extension. Please note that they were already in dds format, only the file extension was incorrect. I kept the textures with no mipmaps (slower frame rate but better clarity)
- slight improvement of reflections
- fixed minor misplacement on right trail edge flap
- fixed minor geometry issue on right air intake
- restored keypad on instructor seat
- gear door opening when engine is off is now an optional feature: in the real Goshawk, as in many other planes, when you turn the engine off the gear doors open (as there is no power in the hydraulic system). I think it was nice to have this feature in the model and implemented that as a "special" animation. It now turns out that, in multiplayer, the gear doors of other T-45C you might be playing with will always appear open - even when the plane is flying. So, now the default model is without the additional gear door animation. An alternate model with the additional gear door animation is stored in the "model_with_gear_door_anim" folder, should you prefer to have the animation working, copy the t45c.mdl in that folder and paste it in your FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/Boeing_T45C/model and overwrite the the existing one. A backup of the default model is stored in the "model_with_gear_door_anim" folder.
- added a NAV/OBS knob (which was missing) nearby the NAV control. I experienced some malfunctioning but I am not sure of what is not working...so it may not work correctly.Please take it as is for now.
- added scratchpad some more functionality. As this is dependendent on the Hornet avionics code, it may not work correctly. A/P master switch is the only thing that seems to work fine.
- Higher roll rate. This seems more accurate according to users' feedback
- provided a 16:9 panel file for people who use the 2D HUD with a widescreen panel (like me);the folder panel16_9 contains the widescreen panel, just grab the panel.cfg in that folder and move it to your the panel folder in the Boeing_T45 airplane folder. Panel4_3 contains a backup of the 4:3 panel.